Saturday, September 17, 2011

Back from the guitar shop

I have neglected my Fender Jazz bass for too long. The bass was not in the best shape with worn down frets and its neck bending backwards making a permanent loud buzz, no matter what or how you play. I could have fixed the neck problems myself, maybe. But I was overstrained with the frets issue. To my excuse I must say that I did not really have trust in the craftsmanship available in Singapore and, in addition to that, I had alternatives for playing as you can see here and here.

The Munich Repair Shop is known for its ability to cope with severe problems and damages on guitars and basses. So it was obvious that that would be the address where my 1984 J-Bass had to get fixed. Everything can be fixed; it’s just a matter of money. I was afraid the costs for the repair would be extremely high.
I bought the bass in September 1984. I’m the first owner. I was willing to pay a high price for the job.
You can imagine that I was positively surprised as I understood that 176€ (‘only’) would buy me back the joy of playing my fine instrument without any further hue and cry.

Here the list of service:

  • Polish and grinding frets             79,83€
  • Setup, action low                       37,82€
  • Glue lose frets                             8,40€
  • Strings Fender (gauge .40 – .90) 21,85€

And here now a few pics.

Fender Jazz Bass 1983-1s

Fender Jazz Bass 1983-5s

To see them all please check my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails