Friday, October 14, 2011

Acoustic setup

Another “unplugged” or “acoustic” gig we had last weekend. It was fun, we are getting confident on what and how we play as a band. I find it easier to be tight with our drummer when he  plays the cajón with percussion than on his regular drum set.

This is my ‘acoustic’ set up:

Fender BXR 60 amp. It is a solid state amp that Fender doesn't even make anymore. This amp is a sixty watts RMS, through a 15 inch speaker. Perfect for this type of gigging, small venues and tiny stages. Loud enough to get the low end thru when the 2 guitarists push their volumes beyond what is really needed (a classic!)
Smile

Boss GT-10B, a multi-effects and amp modeling floorboard. Since we are a rock cover band this is the best way to make radical sound switches by just pressing one pedal.

Music Man StingRay MM5 is my preferred axe for this type of (small) clubs. The sound range of this bass is amazing.

 

AccousticSetUp-1s

I should explain that I call this back line “acoustic” or “unplugged” but as you can tell it is non of both. All other band mates play real acoustic though. Even if I show up with my upright (Czech, 1960ish) I would need amplification …and a bigger car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails