Wednesday, February 25, 2009

5-String Bass. Which one?

Last weekend I had the chance to play 2 really nice basses. In fact I'm looking for a 5-stringer so I was automatically attracted by this sweet pair in the window of a music shop in the Bras Basah Complex (forgot the name, again) (it's not the big one ;-).

Unfortunately it was so loud in the shop that I could not test properly but they sure felt good in my hands.

I know basses that "sing" but these two talked to me very clearly: "buy me, buy me!". Conflict!

 

You can see the specs here on the Fender.com webpage. Marcus Miller V5 5-String Bass. Victor Bailey Jazz Bass V.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, make sure you get Victor Bailey model, it has a deeper, darker tone. If you get the MM5 it will sound good on its own, but will get lost in the band mix. So get the one with Rosewood/PaoFerro fretboard. Darker warmer tone, plus its not an ash body so it will have a bit more midrange to play with and will also be able to get the P Bass tone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails