Monday, February 9, 2009

Practice environment

I'm happy with my current practice environment. It's compact, it's flexible by all means and it sounds very good!

It consists of 5 components:

1) Roland MiniCube Bass RX (bass Amp)
2) Boss GT-10b (effect processor)
3) Roland RC-20 (looper)
4) AKG 271 (Headtphones)
5) Zune (MP3 player)

This is the right set of tools I need when I have to learn cover songs (Zune/Amp) or when I compose my own tunes (MiniCube/RC-20) or when I just want to fool around with crazy sounds and rhythms (GT-10b/RC-20).

The GT-10b also has a built-in looper but with only 1 non-permanent bank of max 38 seconds it is ok if you want to check some effects like delay or long reverbs or to work on voicings. But when composing and arranging I feel better having 11 banks and over 5 minutes at my disposition which is what the old RC-20 has to offer. More details soon...

 

PracticeEvrnmt

 

Amp

Headphones, Zune & amp

 

GT10B_RC20

2 loopers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails